BSA Value Proposition
Why Join BSA
Board of Directors
General Bearing Service Inc.
Bearings and Drives, Inc.
Applied Industrial Technologies
Motion Industries, Inc.
Bearing Service Company of Pennsylvania
Jamaica Bearings Co. Inc.
- William H. Allen, Jr., Allied Bearings Supply, Tulsa, OK
- Dennis Bobker, Bobker Bearings, Livingston, NJ
- Thomas Brown, Applied Industrial Technologies, Bend, OR
- Robert “Jack” Doub, The B.R. Smith Co., Baltimore , MD
- James Fitzpatrick, Sr., Bearings Specialty Co., Canton, MA
- Dave Hooser, BDI, Cleveland, OH
- Lynne (Kelly) Sears, Miller Bearings, Orlando, FL
- John Kisel, BDI, Englewood , FL
- Cam Lawrence, BDI Canada, Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Robby MacPherson, BC Bearing Engineers, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- Chris McCririe, Reliable Bearing Co. Ltd., La Conner, WA
- Thomas Miller, Motion Industries, Birmingham, AL
- Michael Moore, INVETECH, Bloomfield Hills , MI
- Charles "Nick" Nicholson, Bearings & Drives, Sandersville, GA
- Caryl “Harry” Oranges, King Bearing Inc., Rancho Mirago , CA
- Walter B. Osborne, Grenelefe , FL
- Jeff Ramras, Applied Industrial Technologies, Cleveland, OH
- Donald “Doc” Schaff, Syracure Bearing Co., Chesapeake , VA
- Lathrop Smith, Industrial Supplies, Inc., Birmingham, AL
- Eugene Tappero, Michigan Bearing, Atlantis, FL
- John Timble, Bearing Headquarters Company, Indianapolis, IN
- Mel M. Tompkins, Sr., Allied Bearing, Little Rock AR
- Gordon Tupling, Tigard , OR
To be eligible for BSA Honorary Membership, a person must:
- Be living, and
- No longer be actively or directly involved in bearing distribution, and
- Be a former officer or director of BSA, ABS , or AFBDA, or
- Have been actively connected with the business of a BSA, ABS or AFBDA member, and who, in the majority opinion of the Board of Directors, has made an outstanding contribution to the industry
BSA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner 2017
- Wendy McDonald, BC Bearing Engineers Ltd. (2001)
- James Fitzpatrick Sr., Bearings Specialty Company (2005)
- John Nations, Bearings & Drives, Inc. (2005)
- Jamie Martin, The Timken Corporation (2006)
- Richard Gipson, Gipson Bearing & Supply Co., Inc. (2007)
- Denny Clark, SKF Service Division (2007)
- Hal Allen, Allied Bearings Supply Co., Inc. (2009)
- William C. Ives, Legal Counsel (2010)
- Peter Negri, Jamaica Bearings Company, Inc. (2012)
- Andrew Nations, Bearings & Drives, Inc. (2013)
- William J. Stevens, Motion Industries, Inc. (2014)
- Jerilyn J. Church, CM Services, Inc. The Association Partnership Company (2015)
- Richard W. Church, CM Services, Inc. The Association Partnership Company (2015)
- Scott A. MacPherson, Motion Industries, Inc. (2016)
- Jim Fitzpatrick, BSC Industries, Inc. (2017)
Eligibility Requirements for a BSA Lifetime Achievement Award:
- must be or have been a member or participating manufacturer of BSA for at least 25 years
- must attend or have attended BSA events
- must be or have been actively involved in BSA
- must demonstrate or have demonstrated a leadership role within the industry
- may be presented posthumously
- presentation at the annual BSA convention
Special Manufacturer Award
- Gus Kontonickas, NSK Limited (2012) - Special Manufacturer Award
- Bob Daniel, Timken Company (2013) - Special Manufacturer Award
Organization and Structure
BSA is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation whose policies and direction are determined by elected officers and a board of directors, who report to the general membership. The officers and directors represent member firms from worldwide geographic areas. The board meets three times per year, and the association's performance is reported to and reviewed by the membership at the annual meeting.
Leadership. Each year, an association president is elected to serve for one year. Each president has placed his or her unique stamp of leadership on the association. BSA is proud of those dedicated individuals who have served as BSA president.
Staff. BSA is run by the professional management staff of CM Services, Inc., The Association Partnership Company®, in Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
Legal Counsel. The officers, directors, and staff are assisted by experienced legal counsel, who attends all board and membership meetings. William C. Ives has served as BSA's legal counsel since its formation.
Click here for Information regarding Online Payments to BSA.